Well, we are finally back from our trip up north. We've been back for a while, but I must admit that it takes me a while to get re-acclimated to my surroundings once I return from a vacation.
So, I'm not too sure I'd call what we did a "vacation" but it certainly was a LEARNING EXPERIENCE. Here's what I learned:
1. I will never, Never, NEVER take my kids out of school for 10 days ever again. The mountain of homework to complete was unbelievable. We only worked on it some while we were on our trip, because the whole point of us going was to visit with family and friends. So, upon returning home, Sarah had to work every day for a few hours, until she finally finished it on Monday the 9th. (Did I mention that we returned on the 31st of January?)
2. ALWAYS bring the pack-n-play for the baby. Don't expect that I can just put her in a bed to fall asleep. Never works.
3. Never travel alone with the kids. I need someone else there for help with snacks, toys, books, sippy cups, and MY SANITY.
4. Next time we go, make another road trip notebook with stuff printed off from the internet. The kids devoured it, and it kept them busy, but they also ran out of activities quickly.
5. Never underestimate the weather up North.
We had a good time, but it's good to be back in Texas.
1 comment:
I didn't know you made the trip by yourself! You definitely are brave woman! And it's always good to learn from your mistakes! So next time you can try to retain a little bit of sanity! lol
Post a Comment