Monday, November 23, 2009

Our Baby Is Here!

Well, after a very busy weekend waiting for our newest little addition to make her appearance, she decided to show up early!

Sunday was a busy day, with church, and picking up Maureen (my mom) from the airport, and picking up RJ from his weekend at church camp. Our next-door-neighbor Marcia, who also happens to be a massage therapist, had offered to give me a massage for my pressure points that would help get labor started. I felt some contractions starting about 6pm, but didn't think too much about them. Then after she gave me the massage, my contractions came closer and harder.

By 8 pm, the contractions were getting pretty hard but were still irregular. I waited (not that long!) and by 8:30 I had to call Ryan to come home from work early. By the time he got home we had to high-tail it to the hospital. We arrived at the hospital at 9:20, when my contractions were only 3 minutes apart and I was immediately examined. I was already at 7-8 cm!

I went upstairs to Labor and Delivery right away, and BEGGED anyone I saw for an epidural. Plus, I screamed a lot. Because, you know, that's what a woman does when she's in labor with no pain meds. I finally got my epidural (ahh, sweet relief!) and delivered her at 10:02pm.

Gretchen Amy Willis
Sunday, November 22
10:02 p.m.
7 lbs. 9 oz.
20 3/4 inches

(And, yes, we did change the order of her names. We're still calling her Amy but her proper first name will be after me.)

Now We Have FIVE!!!!

1 comment:

Jillwith4 said...

She is absolutely beautiful!!! Congrats to you and your family!!!