Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Family Update

Amy is 2 weeks old now! She's been to the doctor and he proclaimed her to be perfect. (Well, we already knew that, didn't we?) Only, except, she hasn't quite gotten back up to her birth weight yet. So, I've been watching the clock and making sure to feed her religiously no more than 3 hours apart. This has helped (I believe - because her increase in the number of poopy diapers she's producing must be a good thing, right?)

Maura got her 2 year check up today and was also declared perfect (again, no surprise to us). She even got shots and didn't cry or even flinch. She was too interested in her Elmo sticker to care. She's really interested in learning how to use the potty, but we're not sure we have the energy right now to teach her. I know she could do it if I just worked with her! Hopefully I'll get on that soon... maybe before I have to buy the next box of diapers.

John, RJ, and Sarah are all still enjoying school. RJ and Sarah are working on their science fair projects that are due in January. John's reading is really taking off and he's even doing book reports in his class.

We put up our Christmas tree today and it looks great. Sarah and John decorated the whole thing! I don't know if we'll end up decorating the outside of the house because I doubt I have the energy to do it this year. But, that's okay! I don't want to expect too much out of myself. After all, no one gets a blue ribbon for exhausting themselves with housework, right?

Christmas cards will be coming out soon! Watch your mailbox!

No comments: