Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A Day out at the Park

We went to the park on Saturday. It was a really fun morning. Here's a picture of the play structure. The slide is really tall, at least 20 feet up.


We also fed the ducks, fish, and turtles. Yes, turtles. The pond had a whole bunch of turtles in it. See for yourself:



We stayed for a while until all the stale hot dog buns were gone and we had eaten all of our snacks. We all had a fun morning and it got the kids away from the TV for a little while.

I tell ya, though, it's tough figuring out what to do with the kids when it's too hot to go outside for more than 20 minutes but we don't really have a "play area" here in the house (no basement). We've done okay so far this summer with board games, workbooks, small projects, and lots of sprinkler time. But I am really looking forward to school starting so that the kids are busy again.

Here's one way the kids like to stay cool:


Do you have any really good ideas for me to keep the kids busy? Let me know. I can use all the extra ideas I can get!

1 comment:

past said...

Everybody looks great. You are making sure the kids are having fun. Love, Granny