Easter was also a special day for RJ, because it was his birthday. He turned 8!!! I can't hardly believe it. My big guy is getting bigger every day. He had 2 friends over on Saturday night for dinner and cake and they
Also, last week, John learned how to tie his shoes. I am not exaggerating when I say, I showed him how to do it one time, and he figured it out. That kid is smart as a whip!
RJ has been working really hard on a report about Maine. Each kid in his class was assigned a state to do a report on, and RJ chose Maine. It has to be 4-5 pages, hand-written. We've been working on it a LOT. It's due on Monday the 20th, so I hope he can wrap it up this weekend without too much pulling of hair or gnashing of teeth.
Sarah is also working on a smaller project: a poster about voting. She wants to draw a picture of a girl in a wheelchair holding up a sign that says, "VOTE!" I asked her, "Why a girl in a wheelchair?" and she said, "because just a plain person standing there wouldn't be very exciting." Uh, okay. She certainly has a creative mind!
Maura continues to be full of energy. She takes a good nap, which is what she's doing right now (usually about 3 hours) and she goes to bed like a dream. 7:00 - bath and jammies. 7:30 - read a book or two and give her a pacifier and a blanket and lay her in her crib. She waves "bye-bye" and we walk out. Never a peep. What a great kid.
I hope your Easter was joyous and that you surrounded yourself with people you love.
1 comment:
Girl Scout cookies in the Easter basket - GENIUS! I will have to remember to set some boxes aside next year...
Post a Comment