Thursday, April 2, 2009

Spring is Here!

I really apologize that it has been so long since I posted last. I get caught up with projects and then lose track of time... I've got lots of excuses! And none of them any good!!

We had Spring Break March 16-20. The kids and I just stayed at home, doing the same old thing. A few exceptions: they enjoyed staying up late almost every night, we went to the library a few times for special activities, and the kids took some old boards and nails and "built stuff".

We also took a walk to Cleburne State Park. Here are some pictures of our hike.












Cleburne State Park is about an hour away from our house. It has some great camp sites for tents or trailers, they have a playground for the kids, and as you can see they have a lake too. The weather that day was just perfect: about 80 degrees and sunny. Not too hot, but we certainly did work up a sweat hiking. The kids complained a little bit about walking so much, but maybe that just shows we need to get them on hikes more often!
Now, the weather down here in Texas is not as nice as it was a few weeks ago. We have not experienced snow in DFW like they have in the upper part of the state. However, it is cold and windy. I already switched out my winter clothes for summer so I'd better quickly do some laundry so I can have some jeans to wear.
Sarah and RJ both competed in a Private Schools Interscholastic Association academic contest on Saturday March 28. Unfortunately neither one of them finished high enough to advance to the state level, but I think they had a fun time and enjoyed the experience.
After the competition we went to SIX FLAGS! This is the first year I've gotten the kids season passes for the park. In the past we always went just one time per summer but now we can go as often as we want. As a matter of fact, we went back on Sunday afternoon too for just a few hours. The park here in Arlington opens early (mid-March) and stays open all the way until December 31. We really hope to get a lot of use out of our season's passes. We're even going to go to Six Flags in St. Louis when we come up to visit this summer.
We're also really excited about our trip to Florida. We are going June 9-16. We were able to find a really cheap fare on Southwest, so we purchased the tickets for Gretchen and the kids and we actually paid for them all with accumulated miles from my Capital One card. So we didn't have to pay anything for them! Whoopee!!! After our trip to Florida we will stay in St. Louis for a few weeks and probably travel up to Peoria too.
Hope you all are enjoying spring and I hope to update my blog again sometime soon.

No comments: