Hi friends! It's been a while since I have updated y'all to what's going on with us.
May was a hectic month, with finishing up school, end-of-year programs and award ceremonies, etc. I am very proud to say that Sarah, RJ and John all made the Principal's List for grades. (That's a good thing!) The kids all received special awards also, including Art for Sarah, Spelling for RJ, and Athletics for John.
We also took lots of trips to Six Flags in the month of May, hoping to get some time in before the weather gets really hot.
Once school let out in June, Gretchen and the 4 kids set off on a big trip for 3 weeks. Here was our schedule:
June 7: start driving up to St. Louis
June 8: arrive in St. Louis
June 9: Fly out to Ft. Myers, FL
June 16: Return from Ft. Myers, FL
June 17: Go to Six Flags, St. Louis
June 18: Travel up to Peoria, IL to visit Ryan's family
June 21: Return to St. Louis
June 23: Travel over to Carlyle, IL to visit friends
June 25: Return to St. Louis
June 27: attend a family wedding
June 28: attend a family graduation party
June 29: Begin driving home to Texas
June 30: arrive home to Arlington, TX
July 1: TAKE ABOUT A MILLION ASPIRIN!!! (just joking!)
It was a really hectic time, but we wanted to get a chance to see everyone while we were up visiting. We don't know when we'll be able to make it back since...
We're having another baby! In November! Due date is November 24. We just found out it's going to be another girl. So, the ladies are going to outnumber the men, 4-3.
So, we're going to end up being really busy really soon. But, don't let that stop you from coming down to visit. We still have lots of room and we have a sleeper sofa and a futon and an air mattress and... it's warm here in the winter! No, not as warm as Florida, but it's not bad.
July 4th was fun; Gretchen and the kids went to a parade and then later we all went to a friend's house for hamburgers, trampoline time (kids only!) and sprinkler fun (Kids only again!). The adults played hearts and Gretchen was the big L-O-S-E-R!
July 5-7, RJ and Ryan went to Boy Scout Camp. They had a great time. The fire ants were pretty pesky but I think all the swimming, rock climbing, and BB-gun shooting more than made up for it.
I know I have some pictures to post but I'm constantly in a crunch for time, so I'll put them up in a later post soon. I promise I won't be so MIA from now on.
Take care!
No comments:
Post a Comment