Monday, February 8, 2010

Family Activities!

On Friday, Feb 5th, Sarah went to her first-ever dance with her daddy. It was held at the Elementary school on Friday night. Ryan bought her a new dress and a corsage. Sarah wore my pearl earrings that Ryan gave me on our wedding day. I know she felt really special! Here are some pictures from before they left:





Also, January 27th was the day that science fair experiments were due for Sarah and RJ. They both got 100% on theirs! Plus, RJ placed 3rd place in the whole 3rd grade. This was a mandatory assignment for all 3rd and 4th graders and We are so proud of RJ and Sarah for all their hard work. Sarah's project focused on the effect of heat on rubber (and specifically, rubber bands). RJ did his project on ionizing radiation.


On February 2nd, all the science fair experiments were displayed and the teachers also hosted a math and science night, where extra fun experiments were set up for kids to test out and get their hands dirty! It was a really fun night!!

John, playing with shadows at the Math and Science night.



RJ draws a scary creature at Math and Science Night.




RJ's award-winning presentation on Ionizing Radiation.



Sarah and John get their hands dirty at Math and Science night.

We also took Sarah to a basketball game on Friday Feb. 2. She had participated in a dance camp at the local high school and they performed at the basketball game that night. Here's the video (Sarah is in the back row, on the far right side, with the two ponytails):


One other thing, last week I was shopping with Maura and I was holding her hand, when she decided she didn't want to leave the store and just sat right down on the ground. I didn't have a death-grip on her or anything, but I guess she twisted her elbow just right that it gave her (what I later found out to be) Nursemaid's Elbow. (Click on the link to see more info) She cried and cried and wouldn't be soothed. I took her home and put ice on it, but she just was so pitiful. The nurse told me to bring her right in, and the doctor pulled it back into joint, and Maura was immediately feeling better! I'm glad I didn't wait longer to take her in.



RJ and John had their Pinewood Derby Races last weekend as well. They both had fun (I think John enjoyed it more than RJ) and RJ got 2nd place in the Bears den, and John got 1st in the Tigers den and 3rd in the whole Cub Scout pack!



And, of course, our little baby Amy is doing so well. Nothing remarkable to say, except that she's growing so fast! I can't believe how the time is flying by. It is going MUCH faster than with any of the other kids. Every day with her is fun. She is such an easy baby and full of smiles. She just lays contentedly and coos. She will even reach out for her toys while sitting in the boucy seat! She's still eating and gaining weight beautifully. She sleeps in her crib well, sometimes for 4-5 hours at a stretch. But really, for now, I don't mind getting up with her at night. This time passes all too quickly.


No comments: