Saturday, August 16, 2008

Ice Cream Man!

The kids and I decided to go for a bike ride. Everyone had on their helmets and I had Maura in the backpack. We were all ready to go when I heard something, and I thought, "Wow that sounds like Maura's toy. What's it doing out here?" Well, that sound turned out to be the ice cream man!!

RJ, Sarah, and John went nuts. They were running around and yelling and so excited just to see him. So I told them they could get a treat and their eyes nearly popped out of their heads. "WE CAN?!?!?!?!" They shot off on their bikes so fast I couldn't catch up. John got a rainbow snowcone, Sarah got a Pink Panther ice cream pop with gumball eyes, and RJ had a chocolate crunch sundae bar. Of course those treats are so darn expensive - I expected the prices from my childhood but I don't know exactly why. Umm... that was 30 years ago.

I brought my camera and meant to take pictures of them getting the ice cream, but it all happened so fast and I forgot. Next time...

A girlfriend of mine was mentioning to me that when her kids hear the ice cream man's music, that signals that he's all out of ice cream. What a sneaky trick. But I may have to use it in the future!!!

No comments: