Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Miscarriage

I am sorry this post is so very impersonal, but since we are using this blog to keep people updated on our lives, this is the story.

Last week I had a regular doctor's appointment (12 weeks) and the doctor could not detect a heartbeat using the doppler (little microphone/speaker thing). He suggested I get an ultrasound the next day (Friday). I did, and it showed that I had a blighted ovum. I proceeded to miscarry over the weekend.

It has been a very rough weekend for us, emotionally and physically. Maura has had the stomach flu, and now it has passed through me and also now Ryan. RJ is home sick today, but we're not sure if it's the stomach flu or just general blahs.

We're coping and doing better. Thank you all for the supportive emails and phone calls. It's been a lot to take in, so please forgive us if we don't feel like talking about it or we're slow to respond to you.

Please keep us in your prayers. We know God is good.

No comments: