Thanksgiving was unusual for us this year. Mostly because... it was pretty warm. On Wednesday we all spent the day together raking leaves. We bagged up about 10 bags, I think. Ryan and I motivated the kids by telling them, "No computer time till ALL the leaves are picked up!" We heard some moaning and groaning, but it got done! Oh, and while we were picking up the leaves in our shorts and t-shirts, it was about 73 degrees outside!
On Thursday it cooled off, down to a chilly 60 degrees. But, we had a quiet low-key Thanksgiving together. We had a whole turkey, mashed potatoes, real cranberry sauce (none of the canned junk for us!), corn, green bean casserole, croissant rolls, and apple pie for dessert. The food took all day to get done and only about 20 minutes to eat. That's normal, I guess.
Earlier in the day, I took the kids to see "Bolt" at the movie theater. We've found a great theater nearby that shows all the latest releases, for $3.25 for all seats before 6pm! And after 6pm, it's only $3.25 for kids and $5.25 for adults! That's pretty cheap nowadays!! The kids all really enjoyed the movie, as did I. We ordered a LARGE popcorn and even got a refill. The concessions were more expensive than our tickets.
Tomorrow is the kids' last day off for the Thanksgiving break and back to school on Monday. Then, of course, we'll be keeping busy busy busy with Christmas activities at school, church, and scouts. I think we're going to keep Christmas fairly small this year. The kids already have so much, and Ryan and I don't need anything either. We'll just be satisfied if the kids can spend a few days getting along and not bickering. I don't think Santa's gonna deliver on that one, though.
No comments:
Post a Comment